Jewellery, watches and antiques are just some of the valuables you may keep at home – but are you sure your insurance policy will cover the cost of replacing them if they’re lost, stolen or damaged?
With house contents insurance from Greenfield Insurance Services, you can rest assured that all your prized possessions – up to a maximum value of £25,000 for each item– are automatically covered.
Greenfield Insurance is a leading insurance broker specialising in household contents insurance and can provide competitive home contents cover tailored to your particular needs, at a price that’s right for you.
Whether you’re a home owner or a tenant, comprehensive home contents insurance is vital to protect your possessions and valuables.
Smarter than your average house contents insurance policy
Many standard house contents policies do not cover higher value items such as jewellery, watches, art and antiques, and items valued over £1,500 normally need special mention. With Greenfield’s house contents insurance, you only need to specify individual items if they are worth more than £10,000 each.
It’s also important to be on the look out for policies that offer “unlimited contents cover” as they will restrict valuables to certain limits, and some insurers will class computers, TVs and similar items as valuables.
With house contents insurance from Greenfield Insurance Services, you benefit from the following features, thanks to the Exclusive policy with leading insurers, AXA:
- No need to specify items unless they are worth more than £10,000
- Full worldwide cover on all contents and valuables
- Full accidental damage cover for all contents and valuables
- Valuables covered up to 50% of the contents sum insured
- Max limit for any one valuable item is £25,000
- No need to install a safe unless you have more than £25,000 of jewellery and watches
- Max contents up to £300,000 (£150,000 for valuables)
- Students belongings up to £5,000
- Visitors effects up to £2,500
- Family legal protection up to £50,000
- Identity theft cover up to £50,000
- Home emergency assistance up to £1,000
- An automatic 10% increase of the contents sum insured for gifts, food and provisions 30 days before and after recognised religious festivals and family weddings
There’s also an option to add annual travel insurance to your standard policy.
Make sure you have the right cover in place
Most people don’t realise they don’t have the correct cover until they need to make a claim, and of course by then it’s too late. Have you worked out what your contents are worth and asked for the right level of cover? If you’re in doubt about your current insurance policy, or if it’s time to renew your annual house contents insurance cover, then make sure you get the correct level of insurance in place.
We’ve put together a simple to follow valuation guide that you can print off and fill in as you walk around your house.
Make sure you protect all your contents and valuables with the right house contents insurance.